As you begin your search, remember that the first company you see on Google isn’t always the best option for your needs. But to help make your final decision easier, here are a few tips on choosing the right fire sprinkler company:
Review the (Full) Service Offering List
When looking for a fire sprinkler company, narrowing the search to full-service organizations will make your life much easier. If you have different companies handling each stage of the fire sprinkler process, you’re asking for trouble. Too many contractors can create opportunities for miscommunication, leaving you without a finished product.
Additionally, choosing to work with one company means you only need to vet that single company. This practice will save you time and money, allowing you to spend more time on your day-to-day tasks.
Check the Company’s References
The easiest way to learn about a company’s reputation is to ask for references before you hire them. Receiving input from past customers will give you insight into the quality of work a company delivers.
When consulting previous clientele, there are a few general questions you will want to ask (in addition to specific ones that apply solely to your business):
- What kind of work did the company do for the client?
- Did the company complete the project over or under budget?
- Would the client hire the company for ongoing work?
- Was the job completed on time?
- What was the quality of the customer service?
These questions will help you determine how the company approaches its work and whether they fit your needs.
Keep Your Business Local
This advice is often overlooked: when selecting a company for ongoing work, it is helpful to determine whether they are local or not. While you can choose any company you like, there are a few good reasons to select a local company:
- Response time. A local company will respond to your needs faster than someone who isn’t in your area. Speed and responsiveness could make all the difference if something goes wrong with your sprinkler system.
- Local knowledge. A local company will be familiar with your specific area’s climate and local codes. This knowledge can be helpful when performing installations or answering your questions.
- Trusted partners. A local company will likely not hire a third-party contractor to service your building. When businesses hire contractors outside their area, there’s a high chance they will send a third-party contractor to perform the task.
Ready to Get Started?
Now that you know how to choose the right fire sprinkler company, it’s time to take action. A&A Fire Protection provides an integrated approach that covers all corners of fire sprinkler installation and maintenance. Contact us today and tell us more about how we can help make your building safer!